Why Should Children Visit a Pediatric Dentist?
If you have children that need to see the dentist, then a pediatric dentist can provide everything your child needs. That’s because your children are still growing and developing and have unique needs only a pediatric dentist can provide. Pediatric dentists specialize in caring for children’s teeth, and these specialists have the knowledge and expertise to provide outstanding dental care for infants, children, and teenagers. Here’s why we say they’re the best choice for your little ones.
How Can Pediatric Dentists Care For Your Child?
Pediatric dentists are more than just dentists – these dentists complete two to three years of additional schooling after dental school to treat children. This training focuses on providing dental care for infants, kids, and teenagers with special needs, and they have an in-depth understanding of children’s development. They’re also trained in child behavior, meaning they can tailor their approach to your children’s needs throughout their adolescence.
Pediatric dentists offer many generalized services that family dentists provide but also specialty services that care for all of their oral health needs in one place. Overall, pediatric dentists provide the following:
- Preventative Services: Preventative services such as exams, cleanings, and dental sealants can be found at a pediatric office, making their care easier for them and you.
- Early Diagnostics: Signs of cavities, gum disease, and dental injuries should always be caught early, and what better way to find treatment than through a pediatric office?
- Children’s Education: Children can learn from a pediatric dentist about their brushing habits and take part in their oral care alongside their parents. Parents can learn how to change habits such as thumb sucking and pacifier use.
- Safe Sedation Methods: In cases where children need sedation, many pediatric dentists can offer sedation for cleanings and other treatments when needed.
- Special Needs Care: Children with special needs can receive the high-quality care they deserve at a pediatric office through dentists who know how to care for their needs.
- Emergency Care: In cases of knocked-out teeth and broken, chipped teeth, many pediatric dentists can provide emergency services after hours to help protect their oral health.
- Tailored Kids Treatments: Pediatric dentists can provide tailored treatments that allow them to receive the care they need most, including braces, fluoride treatments, and wisdom teeth extractions.
Pediatric dentists are the preferred dentist for children, as we’ll be here to guide them and you through every stage of growth with ease to give you peace of mind.
Visit Smiling Kids Pediatric Dentistry, Noblesville, For Your Child’s Appointment!
Pediatric dentists are the kid-friendly option, often filled with bright colors, modern designs, and fun games for children to play in while they’re at their appointment. Dentists like ours at Smiling Kids Pediatric Dentistry, Noblesville, are well-versed in helping children receive the care they need, as we provide a fun, family-friendly environment that works to give them exceptional oral health for life. Being at our office means they get an engaging, fun, and educational experience, so if you want to learn more about our services, call our practice to schedule an appointment with Smiling Kids Pediatric Dentistry, Noblesville, today!